Thursday, July 7, 2011

M: Marfa and Back

Marfa, TX. 7.3.11.


Well, we made it home in one piece. Only one blog post, but many stories to tell.

At some point, we both fell in love with Texas. Marfa is a very special place filled with lovely people and gosh darn DEEEE-licious food. I've also realized there is nothing quite like a cowboy. The charm, the country, the manliness. Eek! Cowboys win greatest type of man award. Jenny will agree with me on this. Perhaps more to follow.

There is also nothing quite like the open road. Just you, your car, and the horizon. Part of it is a little too overwhelming while the other part will leave you at peace with your personal state of mind. I know it sounds like I am talking out of my bottom BUT I believe if you've experienced this aspect of a road trip, you'll know what I'm talking about. At least I hope.

I will leave Jenny to tell the greatest tales of this trip -- she's better at telling stories anyway. It's been fun, weird, gross, exciting, frustrating, the list goes on and on and on. We've done things that we will probably never do again but that's exactly what I was hoping for.
In sister blog conclusion: I love you Jenny and I hope this post is alright. More importantly, you can put the girl out of Texas but Texas will never leave the girl.

Adieu for now,
madcat (maddog)


No comments:

Post a Comment